Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'll Be Playing the Part of Frankenstein

My surgery is coming up at the end of this week. I am terrified. Losing sleep kind of terrified. I don't know what scares me more...the surgery or the recovery or what my life will be like afterward. For instance, I may not be able to sleep on my right side...ever again. Is that weird or what? What if my right side is the only side I don't snore on?

The ease with which my surgeon talks about removing a part of my body is surreal. Not unlike the ease with which my reconstructive surgeon talks about the "building me back up" part. Drains? Pain-pumps? It's all quite horrifying to me. Guess who's playing the part of Frankenstein this year?

But...the good news...I've got a freezer full of Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey. Thanks mom (and everyone else who will help me eat it all). I also think I'm going to have enough $ and energy to go indoor skydiving one more time as well. Who could ask for more?

3 comments:

  1. Rosie, I love you so much. We'll be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you prepare for this big event. While your recovering Jim and I will have to come watch a good movie with you and Mark or something. Hang in there. You know the Lord will be with you and your family for the remainder of this journey! Thanks for your great example and all that you continue to do as you face this great challenge! Your amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never got to go sky-diving thanks to a repairman showing up an hour late to fix our dishwasher. If he only knew...

    ReplyDelete