Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Would Like to Buy a Vowel

Good news! I've identified the source of all dread! Wait...that's actually bad news, isn't it? Ok, well maybe it's not good news and maybe it's not the source of all dread but it is definitely the source of the dreadfully doomed feelings I was experiencing pre-move to Illinois (see "Merry Christmas" post, December 25th).

Turns out...Mark works for a dangerously caustic person. I won't mention his name, but what I will say is that it's only one vowel away from being "Satan".

Oh, the blogs I could blog about this guy!!! He is a real psychopath. Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/) is a personality disorder characterized primarily by a lack of empathy and remorse, shallow emotions, egocentricity, and deception. Let's just say... he's a real kitten-kicker.

I'm gonna go ahead and spin the wheel and say, if "Satan" were Pat Sajak, as soon as he could tell you were going to solve the puzzle, he would change the puzzle, and THEN if that wasn't bad enough, THEN he would openly belittle you in front of any audience available for not being able to solve it.

This is who (or what) my dear husband has to work with, not just eight hours a day, but 11-12 hours a day!!! Yeah, I know. Get the heck outta dodge. Easier said than done when you've just dramatically uprooted your entire family, signed on a new mortgage, and have a resume that you kinda care about.

My poor, poor husband. How I weep for him. How he weeps for himself. How I can barely stand to watch him suffer through this abuse, capital A B U S E.

Why we have to go through yet another excruciating trial so soon...I don't know. That is a question for another game show. But what I do know is that I can absolutely trust God and His plan for us.
"Nevertheless...thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain." 2 Nephi 2:2 He has never failed us and someday, we will see the purpose in this as we have seen in all the other adversities we've been called to pass through.

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, whoa. tell mark the AZ Jarmans are praying for the Chicago Jarmans. Love you!

    ReplyDelete