Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Funeral, Part I

I walk into my room and kick off my shoes.  I think of everyone else that was at the funeral today and I think of them in their rooms, kicking off their shoes too.  We've all just spent the better part of our day feeling the other side of love.  There is one side of love that you feel in your heart and it makes you feel happy and giddy and then there is the other side of love that you feel in your stomach, and it does not feel so  good. It is called mourning.

So we go home and kick off our shoes for one more day because we are still alive.  Our journey is not yet over, but one day it will be and then all of our friends will put on their shoes and stand around feeling the other side of love as it relates to us.  I hope in my case, that while they are standing around, they realize what I realized today.  We are symbiotic.  There are no one way encounters or relationships.  We touch each other and affect each other whether we realize it or not. Significantly.  When God places someone in our orbit, it is not unintentional.  I will try to be more deliberate in my interactions now because of this awareness. Thank you for being in my orbit.

"The same God that placed that star in a precise orbit millennia before it appeared over Bethlehem in celebration of the birth of the Babe has given at least equal attention to placement of each of us in precise human orbits so that we may, if we will, illuminate the landscape of our individual lives, so that our light may not only lead others but warm them as well." ( Neal A. Maxwell  That My Family Should Partake, p. 86)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks. There are some fires without heat...Nice perspective...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is Deanna. I wrote this recently just as a FB post. It's nothing major but also thoughts about someone passing. In my case, it was Ray Bradbury.

    The world is different when one of us leaves it. It always amazes me that nothing stops, that things still happen, that others still wake up and attend to their duties, enjoy their activities, because everything feels odd to me. The air is even different, perhaps missing the breath of the life lost. I feel like I am in slow motion while nature and others are speeding around me. Even the trees, bending gently in the breeze, are swaying in life affirming motions, but what i see is different, because someone is not here to share it with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I relate to that slow motion feeling. Amen.

      Delete