Monday, August 13, 2012

Making My Day

"What is she doing?"  my 17 year old asked as she glanced over at our 12 year old working on the computer.  "Making my day," was my reply. 

Three days ago my 12 year old taught herself how to knit and has been knitting everywhere she goes ever since, so it only makes perfect sense that today she would wake up and decide to find a job too.
Her dad makes a living as an artist, so why can't she?  School schmool!  Let's go draw some pictures and start raking in the moolah!

So today I've been fielding questions like: Do I have a resume? What is our address?   Both questions being clear indicators that this child is definitely ready for the 9 to 5 grind and a five figure salary.  As soon as she polishes up her portfolio and attaches it to her blog it's just sit and wait time. 

Truly, this has made my day.  I hope it makes their day too....meaning the people who will be reviewing her application at High Voltage Software, the company where she applied.   I hope they realize what a privilege it is to be a part of her world; her hopes, her dreams and her indominable yet innocent spirit...even if it is only for the two minutes it will take them to read her wonderful little resume.

I hope they realize what I already know...she's over-qualified and way more expensive than they can afford.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! She will for sure be an asset to any company brave enough to hire such a talented girl.

    ReplyDelete