Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hats

To a person that has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer (the "pink" cancer) and has begun to wear hats 90% of the time, it was quite a surprise to open up a Mother's Day gift from my sister to find a miniature pink Hallmark hat box with the words: The Many Hats of Mom. Wow! I knew Hallmark had a card for everything, but this was uncanny. Of course, further inspection of the gift revealed that this really wasn't a "cancer mom" gift like I thought (me and my one-track mind) but rather a charm bracelet with all the hats a regular mom wears (chef, chauffer,nurse, etc.). It is cute! And hey...who's to say that someday I won't find a charm for the cancer ...like a nice wig or do-rag charm?! Thanks Cathy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. It was cuter as a cancer gift anyway. We'll have to keep our eyes peeled for a pink ribbon charm! u r welcome.

    ReplyDelete